Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Around the Reef

After a few hours of exploring the inshore reefs with my camera, I found a few interesting species of fish and even a green sea turtle looking for a snack.

The flying gurnard flashes his pectoral to scare me!

I thought it was a puffer fish but actually it's called a burrfish.

The beautiful blue tang (Acanthurus coeruleus) is also known as the surgeonfish.



Wow! The goldspotted snake eel hunting for his prey,

A trumpetfish sometimes hangs vertically in the water, sneaks up on his prey and then sucks hard!.

Don't mess with this guy; the stingray has a poisonous barb in his tail.

The sand diver waits patiently for his unsuspecting prey and then lunges with lightning speed. Fun to watch!

My old friend the green sea turtle hangs out with the tour boats who feed him every day.


1 comment: