Sunday, December 6, 2015

Tutukaka Coast

A view of the Tutukaka Coast on our hike to Whale Bay
Friendly Kiwis (aka New Zealanders) can be very helpful with suggestions on where to go and what not to miss. And so we learned about "the most beautiful beach in New Zealand" called Whale Bay on the Tutukaka Coast.

Looking down on Whale Bay
We weren't disappointed! Even the weather cooperated and gave us a sunny morning to spend on this secluded beach. We got there early and for a while we had this gem of a beach all to ourselves.

a shrimp came to feed off my skin
a common triplefin




Something I've enjoyed  ever since I was a kid was exploring rock pools. Now I use my underwater camera to get a closer look at the life I find there. Click on the pictures to enlarge.




Sunrise over Matapouri Beach where we freedom camped for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment