Monday, February 4, 2013

Lava Flows

 Yesterday I hiked out to the place in Hawaii where lava flows into the sea.  At first, in daylight, there's not much to see. Just billowing steam with hints of red.  But as night falls the multiple entry points reveal themselves and put on quite a show!
 The liquid lava oozes slowly downhill, flowing effortlessly across the previous flow that may have been laid down only hours before.
Seeing new land being created and feeling its furnace-like heat is an experience I won't soon forget.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! The meeting of water and fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon, your photo is amazing, is it okay to use your photo on my website?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is really amazing. With your permission, I would love to use the middle lava photo on this page for the home page on my music composition website. I can absolutely credit your name on this photo as well. If it would help you make a decision, I could send you a mock up of what the site would look like with your image. Thank you

    ReplyDelete