Saturday, March 17, 2012

Life in 3-D

Yesterday was "3-D with Simon Bell Day" at the Guelph Civic Museum, as part of their activities for March Break. The museum is newly located in the former Loretto Convent, in front of Church of Our Lady, Guelph's original Catholic church.



I gave two talks called Life (history, adventure, animals and outer space) in 3-D, to about 150 people. I used my 3D TV and some of my favourite stereo photos to illustrate my talk.









After my presentation, there was a craft table to make your own 3-D glasses and lots more 3-D photos to look at, including my wildflower photos on the walls around the room.

3-D cross-view of a part of my audience. They loved seeing themselves on the TV in 3-D!
Previously, I'd always illustrated my talks with traditional slides and slide projectors. This was my first talk to go 'all digital'. It took many hours of preparation to put the show together but it was worth it. Judging by the audience response, it was very well received. And I now have a good selection of stereo images to display on my 3-D TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment