Thursday, April 14, 2011

Frank Valeriote, M.P.

Opposition Lobby, Parliament Hill, December 2010
I went canvasing door-to-door in Guelph today on behalf of our Liberal candidate Frank Valeriote,  a good friend and a great guy. He serves his community well and deserves to be re-elected. In this photo Frank is seated on the left with lobbyists from the Canadian Diabetes Association. Here in the Opposition Lobby, Members of Parliament can meet visitors, have lunch, make phone calls or just take a break from their seats in the House. Over Frank's shoulder is Marc Garneau, Canada's first astronaut, who is now an MP from Quebec. We had a brief chat about 3-D cameras on the Space Shuttle.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this room as I wandered around the Hill many years ago. It made me hungry, but I had second thoughts about helping myself to a bite. LOL

    ReplyDelete