Saturday, October 16, 2010

About this blog

Dear Friends and Family,
After five years as publisher of SNAP Guelph, a popular community newspaper in Guelph Ontario, I've recently sold my shares in the business and past on the reins. My brother, Nicolas Bell, will continue as owner/general manager and Chris Tiessen, who has worked for the paper for the past couple of years, will assume the title of publisher. Building a new business from the ground up and getting to know a community in the process has been immensely rewarding on a personal level. Is there anything better than putting smiles on thousands of people's faces each and every month? Well I hope to continue to do that as a freelance SNAP photographer, shooting and reporting on community events in and around Guelph as before, without the daily chores of running the business. And now I have some time to pursue some old interests -  and new projects - which I will share with you as they materialize. 

My first new project is starting this blog! I want it to be a photoblog since sharing images has been a continuous thread through my life: first with family photo albums as a child; then with slideshows and a slide production business in the '80s and '90s; and now, until recently, through a photo-based newspaper. Those of you who know me well know of my photographic interest in Nature. Everything from majestic landscapes to the glint in a wild animal's eye will make me reach for a camera. And sometimes it's two cameras as I've had a passion for 3-D photography for the past 23 years. So if you follow this blog those are the types of images that you may well see a lot of here, plus anything else that I feel is worthy of sharing. If you're patient enough, I'll even teach you how to see 3-D images with no glasses! But that's a subject for another post.

So allow me to welcome you to my new blog which I've called ThirdSpace, a name I've borrowed from my long-neglected web site, simonbell.ca (currently off-line). I'm new to blogging so  bear with me as I get up up to speed. Your patience will be rewarded!

For now,
Simon

My 1st SNAP Guelph covershot - Dec. 2005

My last SNAP Guelph covershot - Sept. 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment